Have we seen this before over the ‘arrangements’ Apple made with e-book publishers in the recent years?
Apple, the company name that originally agreed to not operate in the same business as the Beatles, sic. music, will be launching its own music service in June 2015. Obviously the biggest competitor in this field is Spotify, those dastardly people who have actually been giving stuff away for free since 2008. Having recently splurged $3 billion on Beats Music, Apple’s fruits will have to find a way to repay their poor shareholders of course, so remember them for a moment. Continue reading “Apple Not Killing Spotify Softly?”
Recently received a query about having to pay for a Libre Office update! – it is of course totally FREE, as in speech, beer and lunch ..
In this article I am actually focusing on a version known as Libre Office Portable, not the full hard disk install. This product is currently a minor step behind the mainstream version, 4.03 as opposed to 4.04.
This is how mine looks if I try to run the updater – NOTE: it is NOT possible to update the portable version using the automatic update tool
For more information about Libre Office loveliness, see for more about prices, features, background, etc.
You can of course make a contribution to support them, http://www.documentfoundation.org/contribution/
From their website:
- It’s free – no worry about license costs or annual fees.
- No language barriers – it’s available in a large number of languages, with more being added continually.
- LGPL public license – you can use it, customize it, hack it and copy it with free user support and developer support from our active worldwide community and our large and experienced developer team.
- LibreOffice is a free software community-driven project: development is open to new talent and new ideas, and our software is tested and used daily by a large and devoted user community; you, too, can get involved and influence its future development.
LibreOffice gives you high quality:
- The roots of LibreOffice go back 20 years. This long history means it’s a stable and functional product.
- Thousands of users worldwide regularly take part in beta testing of new LibreOffice versions.
- Because the development process is completely open, LibreOffice has been extensively tested by security experts, giving you security and peace of mind.
LibreOffice is user-friendly:
- You get a simple-to-use yet powerful interface that is easy to personalize – Microsoft Office users will find the switch easy and painless, with a familiar look and feel.
- Compatible with all major competitors’ file formats. You can easily import files from Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint and many other formats, and can easily save to Microsoft Office and other formats when needed.
- LibreOffice is supported by a big worldwide community: volunteers help newcomers, and advanced users and developers can collaborate with you to find solutions to complex issues.
It is incidentally available for Windows, Apple Mac: Intel or PowerPC, Linux